“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10)
What do we believe?
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God (2Timothy 3:16), and because of that it is the place we can learn the truth about God – and about ourselves. We have come to enjoy peace with God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1) and the aim of our Gospel service is that others might learn about God and the desire He has to give us the gift of eternal life (Ephesians 2:8-9).
In the Bible we discover that when God created the world it was perfect, but that man subsequently chose to disobey God (Genesis 1-3) – that is, to sin. As God is holy and pure, and all have sinned (Romans 3:23), we are separated from Him (Isaiah 59:2) and deserve eternal punishment (Revelation 20:11-15).
But we also discover that God is love (1John 4:8) and that He does not want anyone to suffer the consequences he or she deserves (2Peter 3:9). God sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, into the world to die for our sins (1Timothy 1:15). We can receive God’s forgiveness by repenting of (turning from) our sin (Acts 17:30) and trusting by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour (John 3:16). Once someone has received God’s gift of eternal life in this way, it is not possible to lose it again (John 10:28). But those who have never trusted Him are ‘condemned already’ (John 3:18).
The Lord Jesus Christ did not remain in the tomb: He rose again (1Corinthians 15:3-4) and He will one day act as judge (2Timothy 4:1). But it is possible to know, to be sure, that we have eternal life (1John 5:13).
Why not join us to find out more about the gift of eternal life that God is offering through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ?
Who we are
We are Christians who love the Lord Jesus and desire to meet in obedience to His Word, the Bible.
The good news of the Lord Jesus Christ is for everyone. So no matter who you are or where you are from, we encourage you to come in and find out more.
We believe that
- The Bible is the Word of God
- The Lord Jesus is the Son of God – John 1 v 1
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God – Romans 3 v 23
- The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through the Lord Jesus Christ – Romans 6 v 23
- Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners – 1 Timothy 1 v 15
- Salvation from sins is only through the Lord Jesus – Acts 4 v 12
- We must all repent of our sins and trust the Lord Jesus as our own personal Saviour – Acts 3 v 19, Acts 16 v 31